Sunday, July 18, 2010

From Georgia Myfinch

This week, my guest is from the state of Georgia, myFinch. She is photographer by day and and craftwoman by night... Her work is elegant and shows that she loves what she is doing. Here is some more interesting facts about her and her shop....



S: What is your name and what is the story behind your shop’s name?

A: My name is Alyssa. I wanted a finch. My husband wanted a puppy. The puppy won and then I started my lovely, little shop.

S:How did you start your business?

A: MyFinch began late in 2008. Friends began to buy pieces I had made for my own home. When I looked around and realized it was very dim inside, and had very few lighting fixtures remaining. Then I thought, maybe others would like a chance to browse my craftsman house.



S: What are your motivations /inspirations in creating your work?

A: I enjoy composition and shape. Lately, I have been exploring more of the architectural aspects of lighting though textures.

S: Tell us about your daily routines.

J: By the day, I am a fine art wedding photographer. I work in my pajamas, start with my inbox, some Chai, and usually begin editing several hours...bills/housework/more editing... waiting for my husband to come home...Then, he's home! On to running with the puppies, dinner, and personal projects- this is where my shop comes in!

S:What is your favorite book?

A: The Chronicles of Narnia.

S: What was your last travel destination?

A: The Grand Bohemian in Asheville, North Carolina. We photographed a winter wedding there.

S: What do you do to relax?

A: I cook. I garden. I walk. I pray. And I sleep in far too late.


***DISCOUNT***

Alyssa was so generous to offer 10% discount on the 14" by 10" drum shades, the most popular ones until August 30th. Just mention "Floweredsky" blog on the message to seller section.

http://MyFinch.etsy.com


No comments: