Friday, July 23, 2010

From Connecticut SeaFindDesigns

This week I am hosting wonderful artist from Connecticut, SeaFindDesigns. She is artistically using genuine sea glasses into her art , jewelry... Her shop is proud to be eco friendly and well deserved success. Please join me to get to know her better...



S: What is your name and what is the story behind your shop’s name?

T: My name is Tracy and my shop is named Sea Find Designs for obvious reasons, most of my jewelry is made with objects I find on local beaches washed in from the sea. When I first started my business, I wanted a catchy easy to associate name, that didn't lock my designs to just jewelry.

S:When did you start your business?

T: I started selling jewelry locally more than ten years ago, to friends and family, word of mouth...but then Etsy came around and it opened a whole new world.

S: What are your motivations /inspirations in creating your work?

T: I say this in every interview I've ever done, and it's TRUE... ADHD is a huge motivator... I laugh every time I say it... but, I really can't stop creating... my mind travels at 200mph... I think being at the beach calms me down and inspires me to create... otherwise I'd go a little loopy!

S: Tell us about your daily routines.

T: I work from home so I guess I'm a bit boring... I spend most of my day creating and listing at Etsy... I go to beach with my family as much as I can, and to keep my sanity, I work about twice a month at my local Emergency room. It's the only place I get to talk to "big people".

S:What is your favorite book?

T: This is a tough one... I've been reading a lot more inspirational books lately and poetry... Anything written by The Dalai Lama or Pablo Neruda's Love Poems.

S: What was your last travel destination?

T: I am on my way to Malibu, California next week to attend my lovely niece's wedding! It's my favorite place on Earth...and she's one of my favorite people!! Yay!
S: What do you do to relax?

T: I work to relax... I go to beach... but my favorite is to hang out with my kids... I have a son Matthew 16 yo and a daughter Emma 14yo... They're wicked cool!

S: What do you suggest to other Etsian sellers to have success in their shops?

T: Amazing pictures... and believe it or not, my customers tell me they come to shop to read... I use my shop like a blog, so you never know what I'll say!!! Oh... and BE NICE!

No comments: