Monday, June 28, 2010

From New Jersey Hannahshandwork


I started my third week with the state of New Jersey. This week ;different from other weeks, I will be introducing more than one very talented artists from the Garden State. My first guest is Hannahshandwork whose outstanding book bindings took my attention. Her work has a taste of royalty and an eye for detail. Please enjoy my interview with her.


S: What is your name and what is the story behind your shop’s name?

H: My name is Hannah Smith, and my rather unimaginative shop name came from thinking I was going to sell a variety of items when I first opened my shop, and I wanted everything handmade to fit in.

S:How did you find Etsy and what made you join Etsy?

H: I found Etsy through a friend who already had a shop here, who knew I could sew and book bind, and was looking for some way to work from home.


S: What inspires you in creating your work?

H: When I'm designing a book, I usually put out all my leather, materials and embossing tool, and create a book in my mind, to decide what looks best together.

S: Tell us about your daily routines.

H: I wish I was organized enough to have a daily routine, but the only thing that is regular is checking the computer first thing in the morning for transactions or emails, and then checking back periodically throughout the day.

S:What is your favorite book?

H: I love to read, and I don't think I can narrow it down to just one book. I think the books I return to most often, though, are the ones by Charles Dickens and Jane Austen.

S: What was your last travel destination?

H: My last trip was my most frequent trip: down to Virginia to visit my sister, brother-in-law, and four crazy-but-wonderful nephews.

S: What do you do to relax?

H: I love spending time with family and friends, I love to read, I take long walks, and I visit the library's classic movie section regularly.

S: Do you have any suggestions to a new Etsian seller in creating and maintaining their shop?

H: The only advise I can give others is the same advise I was given myself, and am still trying to apply: Write good descriptions, take fantastic photos, list items often, and don't give up! The more time and effort you give to your business, the more likely you are to thrive!

***FREE SHIPPING***

Hannah was so generous to offer FREE SHIPPING for the week ( ending date July 5th) to anyone who mentions Floweredsky blog in "Message to Seller" section.


1 comment:

NewMoonStudio said...

I enjoyed reading it! Thank you for sharing.